Wednesday, July 16, 2014

It's Starting...

It's starting. I noticed it the moment I walked into Target. Cam and I were just minding our own business, when Bam! I saw it, the school/teacher supply area in Target's dollar section. (But let's not fool ourselves, there are three dollar items there now too. And they are slowly creeping into my basket, mingled among the one dollar items. Sneaky Target, you get me every time).

photo 2 (21)

My heart starts pounding, I start thinking "what should I get and how many? Will 12 metal buckets really be enough? Maybe I should buy all of the cute hall passes, they are just a dollar and the students are bound to lose one or two, or possibly twelve the first week. I throw all the accordion folders into my basket before some other energetic teacher walks by and grabs 32 for her incoming students. Would it be crazy to spend all of my teacher supply money at Target, in the dollar section? They seem to have all that I need to be a stellar teacher this year. The kids deserve a good education, and *cute* supplies...wait a second...what am I doing?"

And so it begins, the back to school sales and shopping. By my own choice, I'll be left out of it this year. I can't even buy Cam anything for school because he's only two. But you know what? It's ok. This is what we did instead of BTS shopping: we looked around at the clothes (really, just looked, because now we don't have my teacher income, so goodbye new clothes!), and we looked at the book section in Target. I know, pretty thrilling and you are all jealous :) We also went swimming with grandma. Check out this stud!

photo 1 (24)


So while I may be a little sad not to be back-to-school shopping, I am completely THRILLED to be spending time with this guy ^. I am grateful everyday for my opportunity to be a teacher and am beyond words thankful that I get to spend more time at home. I realize not everyone gets this luxury, so I am going to milk it for all it's worth!

logo

No comments:

Post a Comment