Saturday, July 12, 2014

Vegas Trip

As a teacher turned stay-at-home mom, when going to a teacher conference (in Vegas no less), who do I bring along? My husband and 2  year old son. You bet!


photo 2 (18)



Bringing my husband to Vegas was an obvious choice, but my 2 year old son? Well, that probably deserved the mom of the year award. You know, since Las Vegas is so kid friendly and all. Jokes aside, we did have a good time.


The drive was about 6 hours and Cam did awesome! He stayed pretty entertained (as you can tell in the picture) watching movies on a portable DVD player. Shane and I listened to an audiobook which we haven't finished yet (about 2 CD's left) called Escape from Auschwitz by Joel C. Rosenberg. Pretty uplifting right? What it really is, is heroic and inspiring, interesting and incredible. We like historical fiction, especially Word War II.


Our first stop was a buffet. Of course. We went to the Bellagio, and it was delicious. We got there at 3:30 which turned out to be a perfect time because we paid the lunch price for the dinner menu. Dinner started at 4. As you can see, Cam enjoyed his first buffet. He was excited to pick out different foods. The bacon was his favorite. Good choice my son.


photo 5 (13)


We stayed at the Venetian hotel and it was beautiful! So pretty, clean and elegant. It's made to look like you are walking the streets of Venice inside, with actual gondola rides. I took Cam on the gondola and he loved it.


IMG_4223 photo 2 (20)



Most of Friday I was in the TPT conference learning all I could about my TPT store and how to improve as a seller. Shane took Cam to a shark aquarium and walked the strip. After my conference we went to dinner at the Rainforest Cafe and then walked around the giant M&M store. With all the animals at dinner, and the walking red M&M character, I think Cam thought we were at a mini  Disneyland. Good thing we have taken him to the real thing!


photo 5 (12) photo 3 (17) photo 4 (15)


One of my "Dreams" has always been to visit Carlo's Bakery in New Jersey.  So, you can imagine my excitement when I found a Carlo's Bakery in the Venetian hotel! I was ecstatic to say the least. I could finally taste one of the cannolis that is always talked about on Cake Boss. I must say, it exceeded my expectations. It was delicious.


photo 3 (16)


photo 2 (17)


We had a good time and it was fun to be on a vacation with just our little family.


Until next time,


logo




 

No comments:

Post a Comment